I am a doctoral candidate in the Department of Economics at Stanford University. My primary interests are microeconomic theory, market design, economics and computation, and industrial organization. My advisor is Professor Paul Milgrom. I am supported by the Koret Fellowship (part of the Stanford Graduate Fellowship Program in Science and Engineering) and the Ric Weiland Graduate Fellowship.
During the 2023-24 Academic Year, I am working as a consultant at Auctionomics on auction design.
I have a Master in Public Policy from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, where I was a John F. Kennedy Fellow. I also hold a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in mathematics from the University of Queensland, where I was a University Medallist and Graduate of the Year in 2012.
I am from Brisbane, Australia. Between 2013 and 2016, I was the adviser to The Hon Dr Jim Chalmers MP, then Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation and Shadow Minister for Sport.
- August 2023: I won the 🏆 Best Paper by Young Researcher Award 🏆 at the 2023 Econometric Society Australasian Meeting.
- August 2023: I presented Strong monotonicity and perturbation-proofness of Walrasian equilibrium at the 2023 Econometric Society Australasian Meeting.
- July 2023: I presented Who Gets What and When: Dynamic Incentives in Repeated Matching Markets at the 34th Stony Brook International Conference on Game Theory.
- June 2023: I presented a poster on my new project, Who Gets What and When: Dynamic Incentives in Repeated Matching Markets, at the American Economics Association CSQIEP Mentoring Conference.
- September 2022: I taught Stanford’s Math Camp for incoming PhD students in economics (and other interested students in finance, health policy and political economy).
- July 2022: I presented 📄 Linear Pricing Mechanisms without Convexity at EC’22. An extended abstract appeared in the 📘 Proceedings. We have also recently renamed the working paper version to 📄 Walrasian Mechanisms for Non-convex Economies and the Bound-Form First Welfare Theorem.
- June 2022: Updated working paper 📄 Strong monotonicity and perturbation-proofness of Walrasian equilibrium
- May 2022: Linear Pricing Mechanisms without Convexity (with Paul Milgrom) has been accepted to EC’22
- February 2022: New working paper 📄 Strong monotonicity and perturbation-proofness of Walrasian equilibrium
- January 2022: Updated 📄 Concavity and Convexity of Order Statistics in Sample Size - the note now includes analysis of the auctioneer’s objective in auctions with reserves.
- December 2021: Survey article 📄 Risk Aversion and Auction Design: Theoretical and Empirical Evidence co-authored with Shoshana Vasserman published at 📘 International Journal of Industrial Organization.
- November 2021: New mathematical note on arXiv 📄 Concavity and Convexity of Order Statistics in Sample Size.
- October 2021: I presented Linear Pricing Mechanisms without Convexity (with Paul Milgrom) at the NBER Market Design Working Group Meeting, Fall 2021.